Wednesday 22 September 2010

myworld interview spot - Hardeep Singh Kohli

Today we have the absolute pleasure of interviewing Hardeep Singh Kohli, the phenomenal British writer and radio and television presenter. Visit http://www.hardeepsinghkohli.co.uk/


myworld: What are you up to today?

HSK: I've just landed at my favourite airport, London City and am on the DLR travelling back to Dalston from Glasgow after the latest few dates of my tour The Nearly Naked Chef. Looking forward to a quiet Sunday with radio 4 and some curried goat.

myworld: Anything super hip you’re working on that you wouldn’t mind sharing with myworld?

HSK: I've got a lot of writing projects on the go. I'm working on my first novel which I'm hoping to get written by Easter. I also have a few exciting Radio projects for radio 2 and 4. And I'm running a series of cookschools in Scotland now that I'm a Food and Drink ambassador for Visit Scotland. It's all go!

myworld: If you were designing a hotel bedroom what would be amongst your top 3 prerequisites?

HSK: I'd need a luxurious bathroom with the ability to have the radio piped in while I soak. Style is important, that individual touch that isn't a constant reminder that there are 153 rooms just like yours. And a bowl of fruit. I never eat any of it but it looks pretty.

myworld: Our design philosophy takes into account the 5 senses – of all of them, which is your favourite and why?

HSK: For me it would have to be taste. I'd be lost without food. More and more hotels are streamlining their offering and choosing not to provide any food. That's fine if like myhotel, they are in the epicentre of cities. Not so good if you're in the middle of nowhere.



No comments: