Monday 9 May 2011

This morning we've had the pleasure of chatting with Bethanie Lunn, author of "The Modern Girl's Guide To Fabulousness", which gives girls all the information they need about the coolest hangouts, the hippest accessories and the best parties!



myworld: What are you up to today?

BL: I started the day with a photo call at the Sunshine Bakery in Leeds with a cupcake design I created for children’s cancer charity, CLIC Sargent. Think pink candyfloss sponge crowned with pouting candy lips and eye-popping red glaze. I’m now testing a new lipstick for a review on my website, The Modern Girl’s Guide (www.bethanielunn.com) and I’m shortly off to London (my second home) for a meeting with a agent regarding developing opportunities my TV Presenting.

myworld: Anything super hip you’re working on that you wouldn’t mind sharing with myworld?

BL: I'm working on book no.2 and making The Modern Girl's Guide a global brand. Flying to the USA in June, I'll be researching the best products, places and services around for The Modern Girl's Guide to Fabulousness: State-side.

myworld: If you were designing a hotel bedroom what would be amongst your top 3 prerequisites?

BL: A golden tap that releases prosecco as opposed to water preferably by my bed side. A ceiling that retracts to reveal a star lit sky (this reminds me of a place I visited in Brazil), and small conveniences such as GOOD coffee and coffee and espresso machines plus a free mini bar would be gratefully received.

myworld: Our design philosophy takes into account the 5 senses – of all of them, which is your favourite and why?

BL: It’s hard to choose but I’d have to say sight. You can feel, taste and even hear with your eyes especially with food – enjoying a dish starts first with your eyes.

No comments: