Friday 4 May 2012

myworld interview - Walid at Cocomaya

Today we're talking to Walid, one of the two owners of Cocomaya Fine Chocolatier & Artisan Bakerwww.cocomaya.co.uk

myworld: What are you up to today?

W: Meeting with my design team on my fashion collection; I went to see our new shop on Brompton Road, I had lunch with my partner and best friend to discuss business strategies and I had coffee with fashion publicist Robert Forest. 

myworld: Anything super hip you’re working on that you wouldn’t mind sharing with myworld?

W: My line of upcycled jackets that are being sold in the best shops worldwide. 

myworld: If you were designing a hotel bedroom what would be amongst your top 3 prerequisites? 

W: Comfort, luxury and functionality 

myworld: Our design philosophy takes into account the 5 senses – of all of them, which is your favourite and why? 


W: Sight. I have always needed to be surrounded by beauty. I particularly love history and have a great appreciation of weathered and worn fabric. 

No comments: